Russian Organization for Intellectual Property (VOIS)
Russian Organization for Intellectual Property (VOIS) was established by performers and phonogram producers for collective management of related rights in the areas established by the law both in Russia and abroad.
The purpose of establishment
Implementation of the right of performers and phonogram producers to receive remuneration for public performance, broadcasting and cable transmission of phonograms published for commercial purposes, in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation.
Basic Principles of Activity
- openness and accountability to rightholders;
- effectiveness and targeted functionality;
- efficiency and constructiveness.
Remuneration to performers and phonogram producers via VOIS is a compulsory condition for the lawful use of phonograms published for commercial purposes, at their public performance, broadcasting or cable transmission.
- Collection of remuneration from users of music in favor of performers and phonogram producers.
- Distribution and payment of remuneration to Russian and foreign rightholders.
- Representing the interests of Russian rightholders abroad within the international system of collective management of related rights.
VOIS has been an accredited organization since 2009. By orders of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation of July 21, 2014 No. 1273 and No. 1274, state accreditation of the VOIS for carrying out activities in the sphere of exercising the rights of performers and manufacturers to receive remuneration for public performance, as well as for broadcasting and phonograms published for commercial purposes, was extended for 10 years.